Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Beach Day Ruffles

How many ruffles are too many? My little 1 year old niece has these awesome leggings with a dozen rows of ruffles on her butt and they look so adorable on her. That is not the look I am going for today! Someone please let me know if this outfit looks like that. I'm going for "preppy skirt goes to the seashore with a SPF top". I want my legs to get tan and my top half to stay safely untouched by the sun! I will never be wearing this skirt anywhere but the beach or in my backyard, but living in Southern California that is a lot of the time out here.
I'm wearing the Pacesetter Skirt Tall in black and the Sun Runner Hoody pullover from last summer.



3 comments:

  1. I don't think it looks childish at all. Mostly because of the color scheme you picked. I have seen some pacesetters on women in colors that remind me of an 8-12 year old and is not attractive. Here I think you look super cute with the matching ruffles on the hoodie but you look like a woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks really nice. IMO ruffles look feminine not young, I have 3 of these skirts and love them!

    ~Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I worry about that too! I don't want to match my toddler daughter :)

    I must say, I agree with Danielle - you look feminine, not young.

    ReplyDelete